Sunday, July 06, 2003

So I am sitting here typing away on my laptop, in my brother's room, and I am so glad my lan cable decided to join me. Without it, I wouldn't have known the joys and wonders of fast internet connection, and the convenience as well as the distraction it can cause. I am supposed to be studying my c++ book, learning files in and out, until I have them coming out of me ass. But eh, I was going to look up a chicken recipe online bc I wanted to make something. It is 10 : 18 am here and I got up at 6 : 57 am. I don't know what could have compelled me to bring myself up so early, but it wasn't as if I tried, my body just woke itself up, bolted into the upright position to get out of bed, and I look at my clock and rub my eyes to make sure they are not misplacing the numbers on the digi clock.
I woke up, got out of bed and after a few moments of thought, decided a morning shower would refresh me from a night of bitter heat. I would have rested better if I hadn't thought the little mouse was going to come up from no where and bite me. Speaking of which, I haven't told u the mouse story. When I came home on Wednesday my brother and mom (mostly my mom) decided it was time to shell out the entire contents of the kitchen, including everything in the cabinets. What could have caused them to decide this was to be done in one or two days is beyond me. So all the contents were dumped into my brother's room, he sleeps in the master bed with mom dad and the baby, and my room is always my place to sleep. Somehow a little mouse found it's way into my bro's room. My mom is saying it came from the heating vent, since some of the other tenants also had the same problem during the heat wave. Little critter thinks it finds it's path into my room and home free. Nice carpeting, fun stuff to jump on. Nuh uh. It's not happening. I screech at the top of my lungs scraping my vocals cords at the highest tone and it rushes out of my room. My dad later joked that is probably rushed out of my building. I went to my parent's room and didn't come out of there for the rest of the night. So it's me and mom and baby in one bed along with my bro by my feet. Not only was it cramped, but my dad decided to turn off the ac in the middle of the night. And boy, this 25 lb baby, let me kid you not, he likes his space. He tried moshing me into the wall. Last time I ever do anything like that. But, I know my fear of mice too well. Paranoia. Sleep loss for four days in a row. I BARRICADED my room. You laugh now, but if only you could have seen it. It actually looked like a fort. And sometime over the last two days it has not been sighted, but my brother and mom flipped the couches in the living room upside down to clean and trunker out this place, as if we are about to leave it as a camp or something.
All in all, I guess I could say it was pretty enjoyable. Maybe I am saying that now because internally I am giggling because I have high speed internet access and the air conditioning running in a pretty room with a shallow hint of sun gazing in. Right now, for me, this is Heaven. And the hint of the mouth watering nectarine I've had still lingers in my mouth...